There are generally two top priorities of visiting Iceland. The first one is of course experiencing the magically captivating Northern Lights – the dance of solar dust in the horizon. The second priority is getting immersed in the impeccable beauty of Golden Circle. The terrain offers more than you can imagine. Its biodiversity is incredibly fascinating. Each and every itinerary of any person visiting Iceland mandatorily has exploration of Golden Circle as a major activity. Did you know that there are some genuinely engrossing detours in and around the place? The rest of the blog talks about this.
Thingvellir National Park
Discover, a top travel agency, professionally arranges for customized Iceland Private Tours that you can utilize to explore the incredibly wonderful Thingvellir National Park, located in Golden Circle. You would be completely enamoured by the arresting beauty of the place.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- It would merely take 45 minutes to drive a super-jeep and reach the spot.
- You would come across lava rock stretches in the park.
- Also, the Thingvallavatn Lake is located here.
- It is the largest natural lake in Iceland.
- The park is also known for its green pastures, marked by birches and pines.
- You can get involved in activities such as diving and snorkeling while exploring the park.
Geysir Geothermal Area
This is yet another scenic stoppage in Golden Circle that you can enjoy in Private Tours Iceland, either on a solo trip or on a tour with a group of friends.
- The location of the Geysir is in the Haukadalur Valley.
- You need to drive for approximately 50 minutes from Thingvellir to reach the area.
- In the way, you can stop at the hamlet by the name Laugarvatn, and get immersed in glimpses of local culture.
- There are lots of hot pools in Geysir Area.
- From a distance, you could witness a tall gust of steam rising from vents in the ground.
- Besides the Great Geysir, you can also find the Strokkur Geysir that has its own charm.
- It is the last major stoppage in Golden Circle Private tour.
- From Geysir Geothermal Area, it would take only 10 minutes to drive to the place.
- You would be truly astonished by witnessing the scintillating and imposing fall of milky-white enormous volume of water from valleys.
- The effect is hypnotising at times. Don’t forget to carry a high-definition camera along with you.
- During summer months, the fall can pour a whopping 5000 cubic feet of water each second.
- In the vicinity of Gullfoss, you would find the magnificent region of Langjokull. It is a gigantic glacier that is the main source of water.
- The river on which the water falls is called Hvita.
Traveling during pandemic
It is obvious that you need to abide by the regulations of the local authorities when you travel and explore Iceland during pandemic. The executives of Discover would guide you accordingly. Your tour becomes more enjoyable when you follow the instructions of the concerned authorities.